Look For These 5 Things Outside Potential Wedding Venues
Your wedding venue is a vital part of designing a great day for you, your partner, and your guests. But while you may naturally focus on the inside of the venue, don't overlook some important aspects of what's going on outside it. What should you look for around the actual venue? Here are a few important things to look for.
1. Parking and Access. How is the parking for guests and vendors? You want everyone to be able to find parking that's simple and conveniently located. Look for disabled access parking as well. Gauge how long it may take people to navigate the property, find parking, and make their way inside. This should be short and direct.
2. Light Shopping. What retail businesses are located in the neighborhood? No one is likely to go on a shopping spree on the wedding day, but you or your guests may need last-minute items or things that have been forgotten. The ideal location, then, has a few basic retail stores for common items like food, decor supplies, cups, or clothing repair tools.
3. Photographic Spots. Walk around the venue and look with a photographer's eye. You may even want your photographer to scout out the location. Natural sunlight is best for photos, so you have more and better photo opportunities if there are suitable and interesting locations outside or in the immediate neighborhood.
4. Neighborhood Noise. Listen as you tour the venue. What is going on in the neighborhood? Loud noises, heavy traffic, kids in the park, or nearby businesses can all mar your wedding day by interrupting with unwanted noises. Visit the venue around the same day of the week and time of day to get a sense of what's going on around it.
5. Sunlight and Shadows. The sun will move during your wedding festivities. So a perfect photographic location early in the day may become too dark or not shaded enough depending on the hour. Afternoon and evening weddings need plenty of shade to keep people comfortable, and morning or lunchtime weddings need sun for warmth and to keep things dry. Test out areas at different times.
Where to Start
Ready to start touring venues? Apply these few tips to gauge their suitability not only on the inside but also on the outside. By balancing the right interior with the right neighborhood, backdrops, and practical amenities, you'll find the perfect spot to say, 'I do'. Visit venues today such as Russo's On The Bay to learn more.